Friday, April 1, 2011

ELUSIVE CONTENTMENT

I think I finally figured out what would make me happy in a peaceful, contented, all-is-well-with-my-world sort of way! I want a little house!

I could live quite happily in a home no larger than a garage! While it is true that I have always loved old Victorian homes or vintage farmhouses, the truth is, when I see homes like this one, I feel like a kid in a candy store: I WANT IT! I WANT IT!

Of course, a home like this indicates that I'd be living alone. It's not that I don't love my partner; I do. It's not about sleeping around; it's about sleeping alone! It's about solitude and territory. It's about what is uniquely mine. I don't need much: a place to eat, sleep, and a desk to work at. I would willingly relinquish my book collection (which takes up a lot of space) and other dust-collectors to live as simply as this. I do believe that if I had a place of my own like this one, I would finally begin to feel a sense of peace and happiness in a way that I have not felt since perhaps my earliest childhood years.

Furthermore, this is a realistic goal! It is do-able and affordable!

Finally, a realistic goal that will produce more than fleeting happiness! This truly is a dream that CAN come true! It is possible. I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment